Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the electronic exchange of data between a provider’s office and Dental Select. With a multitude of reasons of why, many providers have already made the switch. So have you considered submitting your claims electronically? Here are five reasons why we recommend EDI for your practice.
- 1. You will get paid faster. Using EDI improves processing speeds. It’s fast. And a shorter turnaround time means faster payments. In fact, you can expect your reimbursement payments in as little as a week and up to 15 days.
- 2. It’s easy. Say goodbye to mailing paper claims and manual tracking, EDI makes submitting and processing claims simple. You can actually send and receive electronic documents in minutes, rather than days. And because everything is a cloud-based system, you can access and check on your claims anytime you want.
- 3. You actually save money. EDI reduces expenses associated with paper, postage and labor costs, while allowing you to speed up your revenue cycle. It also increases your office’s efficiency. And less time spent doing administrative work means more time with patients.
- 4. Minimize claims denials. EDI makes claims more accurate and denials less of a worry. It processes everything, including attachments, instantly. Without worrying about missing information and less errors, your claims have a greater chance to process correctly the first time.
- 5. It’s painless to get started. Do you have a computer, internet connection, and billing software? Yes! That’s all you need to begin.