Job Title: Technology Leader
Summary: This position is to define business initiative requirements, on a broad scope, with a high complexity of tasks. Employee is to develop and implement appropriate business and technical solutions that are aligned with Dental Select’s business and technical objectives. The Technology Leader will be responsible for Dental Select’s overall IT strategy and architecture for the development/on-boarding, launch and support of all IT and Database applications. The Technology Leader will be responsible for all IT functions within Dental Select, including infrastructure and applications. In addition to managing resources supporting infrastructure and applications, the role requires someone that is experienced with databases and reporting technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the development of long-range product roadmaps for company technology applications, including collaborating with others in the organization on needs and ideas for market differentiation.
- Oversee the planning of development initiatives, including resource allocation, budgeting, and staffing.
- Manage an on-site team of Business Analysts and assist them in creation of product requirements, user stories, product management, application stability, etc.
- Manage an on-site team of Data Analysts and Database Administrators to create and update database tables, data hygiene, reporting, and ensure the ongoing maintenance performance and management of application and business databases.
- Direct and manage the work of any outsourced developers or other contracted resources supporting ongoing or new technology projects.
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance, performance and management of claim processing systems, user portals, mobile applications and other business critical systems.
- Advise on potential integrations or other opportunities to strengthen the company’s technology portfolio and enhance user experience in alignment with company goals.
- Oversee test plans and release checklists.
- Develop and communicate application, product and database strategies, and project status and updates, to company and executive team.
- Manage staff and administrative responsibilities including hiring, training, motivating, and retaining department employees.
- Identify and collaborate with business units. Identify opportunities for operational and business performance improvements and recommend solutions that support business and department goals.
- Identify appropriate opportunities that are aligned with Dental Select’s strategic/business plan initiatives to promote operational expense reduction, administrative efficiencies, process improvements and customer driven enhancements.This includes but is not limited to “Passport” and all processes involved with thePassport project.
- Identify vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase data and system security and safety. Secure database environments and company software from internal and external threats. Create and manage security policies and guidelines.
- Consult with all departments regarding network security topics including but not limited to: best practices, firewall configuration, security of our cloud based platforms, internal security of our systems and managing our overall risk reduction and security plans with internal and external resources.
- Implement and maintain an effective communication and coordination process to enhance the overall working relationship with customers and other Dental Select departments. Establish and maintain a mutually beneficial and productive relationship internally, with other Dental Select departments and with other companies, vendors and professional associations. Inform others, as appropriate, of problems, issues, concerns or developments that arise from department or business activities, or the use of technology. Represent the department in a professional and informative manner when attending meetings to provide status and discuss progress or to acquire and disseminate business or technical knowledge.
- Acquire and maintain the level of business and technical expertise needed to respond toDental Select’s changing business needs, perform job accountabilities, participate in the evaluation, selection and deployment of new technologies and application software, provide technical and business training to the Dental Select staff members and guide and support less-experienced staff in order to enhance the overall staff performance.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise: IT, Analytics, and Enterprise Systems
This individual will function in a leadership role, which includes implementation of and adherence to strategies for scope, issue, risk, change and quality management, creation and maintenance of work plans, including task identification, estimation, scheduling, resource allocation and the provision of performance evaluation input for assigned staff.
- Will manage teams on a daily basis and make sure that projects are on task and deadlines are being met.
- Manage IT staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control administration program.
- Manage IT staff in their interrelationships with other departments, coordinating work flow and project management
- Recruit, interview, and select employees to fill vacant positions
- BS/MS degree in business administration, computer programming, software design, information technology, marketing, or other related field plus a minimum 5 years of experience.
- Familiarity and experience with various development methodologies and project management.
- Experience with developing and delivering software applications, product and data base roadmaps, specs, user stories, wireframes, test plans, and release checklists.
- Not expected to code; but should be familiar enough with programming to ensure clean and stable product behavior.
- Analytical, problem solving and research ability, as evidenced by experiences in the identification of requirements and the definition, evaluation, and selection of appropriate solutions to business problems or opportunities.